After the news of fake eggs being sold at a Kolkata advertise activated frenzy the nation over, now the news of plastic rice being sold at some basic need outlets in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana has overwhelmed the web. Utilization of plastic rice is risky for wellbeing and can even prompt dangerous ailments like disease and birth absconds.
While makers and providers are attempting to cheat buyers by offering plastic rice or fake rice, we have uplifting news for all. Here is the means by which you can recognize plastic rice and confine yourself from utilization:
- Take handful of rice and burn the same by using matchsticks or lighter. If the rice particles are made of plastic, then it will release plastic smell immediately after burning.
- Boil rice and keep it in a bottle for 2-3 days. If the boiled rice does not get affected by fungus, then it happens to be plastic rice and not the usual rice.
- Take some rice and drop hot oil on to it. If the rice is made of plastic, then it will melt in a while and stick at the bottom of the container.
- Now comes the water test. Take a bottle of water a pour one tablespoon of rice and stir it for a while. If the rice floats on top of the water level, then it is plastic rice. This is because; natural rice does not float on water.
- Fake rice can be identified while boiling. If the rice is made of plastic, then it will form a thick layer on the pot at the time of boiling.